Donald M. Williams
Donald Williams has been practicing law for over 30 years. Before coming to McNair, he practiced with small law firms for over ten years and has a broad range of experience in both the litigation and real estate areas. He also served as city attorney for two cities and has a great deal of experience in the area of municipal law.
At McNair, Donald engages in the general practice of law, concentrating in the areas of general litigation, healthcare litigation, business litigation, real estate related litigation, and matters involving eminent domain and commercial real estate. Since coming to McNair, he has been involved in mass tort cases involving asbestos and drug company defense. He has also participated in cases involving nursing home defense, construction defects and disputes involving the rights to intellectual property.
In addition, Donald has drafted hundreds of easements and tried numerous condemnation cases.
- Current member of the Charleston County Bar Association
- Current member of the South Carolina Bar Association
- Current member of the American Bar Association
- Current member of the Hibernian Society of Charleston, South Carolina
- Current Historian of the Hibernian Society of Charleston, South Carolina
- Current Trustee of the Hibernian Society Foundation
- Current member of the South Carolina Irish Historical Society
- Current member of the Charleston Chamber of Commerce
- Current member of the Propeller Club of the Port of Charleston
- Former member of the Board of Governors of the Propeller Club (Port of Charleston)
- Former President of the South Carolina Irish Historical Society
- Former member of the Charleston County Bar fee disputes committee
- Former member of the Optimist Club
- Former member of the Civitan Club
- Awarded, Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating*
- Donald is the author of Shamrocks and Pluff Mud: A Glimpse of the Irish in the Southern City of Charleston, South Carolina. This book was published by Book Surge LLC in 2005.
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent®, and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.