News / Publications
Carl B. Carruth
After receiving his law degree, Carl Carruth served as a trial attorney in the Office of the Solicitor, United States Department of Labor. In February 1977, he entered the private practice of labor law, joining a labor law firm representing management exclusively in all areas of employment and labor law. He became a partner in that firm in 1980. He joined the McNair Law Firm, P.A. in 1985 where he is a shareholder in the firm's Labor and Employment section. His practice areas include occupational health and safety law, mine safety and health law, wage and hour law and all aspects of labor and employment law. He represents business, industrial and construction clients nationwide.
Carl has defended employers in the litigation of numerous contested OSHA and MSHA citations nationwide before the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, the Federal Mine Safety and Health Review Commission, and State agencies in States with State Plan OSHA jurisdiction.
Carl is a member of the litigation and labor and employment law sections of the American Bar Association and is a member of the Labor and Employment Section's Occupational Safety and Health Law Committee. He is also a member of the labor and employment law section of the South Carolina Bar and is also a member of the Richland County Bar Association. Carl serves on the Occupational Health and Safety Committee of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce and has served on the Occupational Safety and Health Committee of the United States Chamber of Commerce.
He has also served on the Board of Directors of the Palmetto Chapter of the National Safety Council and was a member of the Executive Committee.
- Member, Litigation and Labor and Employment law sections of the American Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Section's Occupational Safety and Health Law Committee
- Member, Labor and Employment law section of the South Carolina Bar
- Member, Richland County Bar Association
- Serves on, Occupational Health and Safety Committee of the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce
- Served on, Occupational Safety and Health Committee of the United States Chamber of Commerce
- Served on, Board of Directors of the Palmetto Chapter of the National Safety Council, Executive Committee
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America© (2008-2019)
- "Lawyer of the Year," Labor Law: Management - Columbia (2018)
- Awarded, Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating*
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent®, and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.