News / Publications
Andrew G. Melling
Andrew is a litigator who focuses on commercial and health care litigation, as well as pharmaceutical product liability, construction defect litigation, real property disputes, medical malpractice defense and personal injury/wrongful death claims.
Andrew has tried multiple cases to verdict, including several multi-week jury trials. He has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial and business litigation. His product liability experience includes more than 10 years of representation of a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in two multi-district litigation actions.
- Represented a paper manufacturer in the prosecution of a misappropriation of trade secrets claim
- Managed the South Carolina portion of the multi-district litigation for a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in defense of product liability claims involving a cholesterol-lowering drug
- Obtained defense verdicts in medical malpractice trials for an orthopedic surgeon and a radiation oncologist
- Counsel in case in which South Carolina Supreme Court ruled in client's favor, changing the law involving social host liability to underage drinkers
- Represented a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company in defense of a product liability claim alleging injuries resulting from allegedly contaminated albuterol
- Represented a national homebuilder in defense of a class action involving stucco claims
- Represented an accountant in a dispute over the valuation of his interest in an accounting firm
- Represented an obstetrician in a medical malpractice involving the delivery of the Plaintiffs' child
- Weston v. Kim’s Dollar Store and Ciba Vision, A Div. of Novartis Co., 731 S.E.2d 864 (2012)
- Walterboro Cmty. Hosp. v. Meacher, 709 S.E.2d 71 (2010)
- United States of America ex rel. Lowman v. Hilton Head Health Sys., L.P., 487 F. Supp.2d (2007)
- Marcum v. Bowden, 643 S.E.2d 85 (2007)