News / Publications
A. Victor Rawl, Jr.
Vic leads the Firm's Class Action Practice Group. He is a business litigation attorney with broad experience in numerous areas of complex litigation in federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration. Vic has been Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated "AV Preeminent®" in Litigation, Construction Law and Class Actions. Vic utilizes his experience and education to evaluate each case individually and then formulate innovative and creative strategies tailored to client-specific needs and goals.
After receiving his Master of International Business Studies and his Juris Doctor degrees, Vic served as law clerk to The Honorable P. Michael Duffy, U. S. District Judge, District of South Carolina, from 1995 until he joined the McNair Law Firm, P.A. in November 1997. Vic is a member of the Litigation section of the Firm and was elected Shareholder of the Firm in March 2002.
Vic’s practice focuses primarily on complex litigation in state and federal courts and in arbitration. Vic also consults with other law firms with regard to their class action strategy, and on occasion, he serves as private counsel to corporations and individuals whose defense is being provided though an insurance carrier. Vic has experience in the following types of litigation: class action, construction, products liability, general contract, mechanic’s lien, unfair trade practice, civil RICO, trade secret, lender liability, corporate unwind, shareholder disputes, Medicare fraud, qui tam, drug and medical device, nursing home, and Certificate of Need.
Vic has a recognized reputation for his defense of large national builders, product manufacturers, hospitals, and other health care companies.
- Defeated class certification on behalf of a national home builder facing over 800 million dollars in liability
- Obtained summary judgment prior to class certification arguments in a case against a national drug manufacturer
- Representation of a national tire manufacturer in multiple South Carolina class actions
- Representation of a developer in attached housing class action involving multiple alleged construction defects
- Representation of a nation home builder in a defective products class action
- Obtained favorable settlements on behalf of hospitals and doctors facing Medicare/Medicaid fraud allegations
- Represented a group of prominent South Carolina trial lawyers in a multi-million dollar fee dispute among co-counsel after a class action settlement
- Obtained favorable trial verdict on behalf of a German glass microfiber manufacturer in trade secret litigation
- Represented Japanese capacitor manufacturer in products liability litigation involving defective micro-solder
- Represented national lending institutions in litigation involving the South Carolina attorney preference statute
- Obtained summary judgment for a national furniture manufacturer in a personal injury case
- Obtained summary judgment for a national medical device manufacturer in a personal injury case
- Compelled several cases to arbitration for a national health care company and obtained favorable settlements
- Represented a heavy equipment company in a litigated unwind
- Represented a South Carolina MRI company in a litigated unwind from a national provider
- Member, South Carolina Bar Association – Board of Governors (2003 – 2005); House of Delegates (2001 – 2010, 2014-2016); President, Young lawyers Division (2002 – 2003); Articles Editor, South Carolina Lawyer (1997 – 1999); Editorial Review Board for South Carolina Bar CLE publication: The Law of Automobile Insurance in South Carolina, 1996
- Member, American Bar Association – Member of TIPS, Litigation, and Health Law sections
- Member, Tort Trial and Insurance section of the ABA – TIPS NOW Fellow (2003-05); Vice- Chair, Business Litigation Committee; Chair, Outreach to State and Local Bars Taskforce
- Member, John Belton O’Neall Inn of Court (Past President)
- Graduate, Leadership Charleston
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Completed National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) Rocky Mountain Regional Trial Skills training program in Denver, Colorado
- Certified, South Carolina Bar Circuit Court Mediator, South Carolina Board of Arbitrator and Mediator Certification
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America© (2012-2017)
- Listed, South Carolina Super Lawyers®, Class Action (2015-2016)
- Awarded, Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated*
- Named, Fellow of the American Bar Foundation (2013)
- Appointed, ABA Justice Kennedy Commission(2003-2004)
- Awarded, Young Lawyer of the Year, American Board of Trial Advocates - South Carolina Chapter (2002)
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent®, and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used under in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.