News / Publications
Cary S. Griffin
Hilton Head Is., SC Office
23-B Shelter Cove Lane
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
843.686.5991 Fax Bluffton, SC Office
4 Clarks Summit Drive
Bluffton, SC 29910-4993
843.815.5991 Fax Assistant
Cary Griffin's general practice has certain emphasis in real estate, condominium and planned unit development project documentation and residential/commercial real estate. In addition to real estate, Cary works regularly on general corporate and business matters, as well as public service district matters. He has served as counsel for various retail, residential and resort developments throughout the South Carolina Lowcountry since the late mid-70s. Cary has drafted hundreds of condominium and other project documents for various clients in South Carolina and Georgia.
Since Cary has been practicing on Hilton Head Island since 1974, the growth of the Lowcountry has resulted in real estate developments being on the cutting edge insofar as legal and real estate documentation is concerned. Therefore, Cary has been able to expand the horizon of the documentation to include, not only the normal residential and commercial properties, but mixed use retail centers, continuing care condominium communities, a significant number of fractional interest projects, office condominium projects, and dockominiums, or boat slip condominiums.
Cary is a member of various Bar Associations and has served both as Chairman and House Delegate to the South Carolina Bar's Real Estate Practices Section. He has been a frequent lecturer on various real estate topics for the South Carolina Bar and other groups for the past 30 years.
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America© (2007-2016)
- "Lawyer of the Year," Real Estate Law - Hilton Head Island/Savannah (2016)
- Drafted first office condominium project on Hilton Head Island
- Drafted first continuing care condo project documents in S.C.
- Productive and varied condominium drafting practice in S.C.
- Handle complex real estate transaction involving national buyers or tenants with sophisticated in-house counsel or outside counsel on other side
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Greenwood Development Corporation
- Trustee, Council of Trustees, Celebrity Golf Foundation
- Legal Counsel and Assistant Secretary, Broad Creek P.S.D. since 1974
- Local Counsel, Hilton Head Area Association of Realtors
- Corporate Secretary/ Outside Counsel, Dunes Marketing Group since 1976
- Corporate Secretary/ Outside Counsel, Big Canoe Company since 1987
- Former member, Hilton Head Chamber of Commerce
- Former member/ Officer, Hilton Head Island Jaycees
- Member/ Director, National Land Council